Occupational health and safety policy
Protection of lives and health of the employees and safety of the processes are the top priorities of the Company that establish the conditions for successful business development.
To achieve this, the management of the Company undertakes the following obligations:
- Compliance with national, local and industry-specific regulations concerning occupational health and safety as well as with other requirements applicable to Gazprom neftekhim Salavat including international and Russian occupational health standards.
- Prevention of injuries, accidents and health damage and provision of safe working conditions for both the Company’s employees and outsiders while on site.
- Efficient operation and continuous updates of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Open discussion on OHS issues with all concerned parties (the Company’s employees and their representatives, contractors, general public, government and the state supervision authorities).
To meet the above obligations, Gazprom neftekhim Salavat takes care of the following:
- Enhancing production processes, using safe equipment and technologies.
- Revamping and updating the facilities, decommissioning out-of-date equipment in accordance with the Company’s development plan.
- Continuous detection of hazards, evaluation, analysis and management of OHS risks.
- Providing necessary funding and equipment to meet the obligations under this Policy.
- Timely advanced OHS training of the Company’s personnel taking into account all innovative training resources.
- Planning and implementation of measures to ensure the safe operation of the Company’s plants, improvement of working conditions and occupational health.
- Building a corporate culture based on OHS principles.
- Continuous control of OHS compliance on site.
- Continuous monitoring, inspections, internal audits and workplace assessment to check the employees’ compliance with the laws and other OHS regulations.
- Regular analysis and improvement of the Policy and timely informing the employees and outsiders working on site of the OHS Policy.
- Providing an access to the OHS Policy to all concerned parties.
The Company’s management is fully aware of its responsibility to the shareholders, employees and the public for providing the safe working conditions and industrial safety.