Occupational health and safety policy
Occupational, industrial, fire and road safety policy of Gazprom neftekhim Salavat
Gazprom neftekhim Salavat is one of the largest oil refining and petrochemical complexes in Russia. The company’s core lines of business are production and sales of oil-refining products, petrochemicals and mineral fertilizers. The range of products includes more than 140 items. Gazprom neftekhim Salavat is fully aware of its responsibility to society for creating a safe working environment, including road safety during its operations, and complying with industrial and fire safety requirements.
The leadership of Gazprom neftekhim Salavat prioritizes the lives and health of employees and considers occupational, industrial, fire and road safety to be essential components of effective business management.
Occupational, industrial, fire and road safety goals
The primary goals of Gazprom neftekhim Salavat in the field of occupational, industrial, fire and road safety are as follows:
- to create a safe working environment and to protect the lives and health of employees;
- to reduce the risks of emergencies and incidents at hazardous facilities;
- to reduce the risks of work-related road accidents;
- to provide fire safety.
The goals are attained by means of preventing accidents, occupational diseases, emergencies, incidents, fires and road accidents with the help of the following:
- hazard identification;
- industrial safety risk assessment and management;
- advanced training of employees and their representatives, and inclusion thereof in the industrial safety management system.
Occupational, industrial, fire and road safety obligations
Gazprom neftekhim Salavat assumes the following obligations in order to achieve the goals set out herein:
- to continuously reduce the rates of workplace injuries, occupational diseases and accidents, as well as to minimize the risks of fires and work-related road accidents;
- to ensure compliance with industrial safety regulations and regulatory documents at the federal, regional and corporate levels;
- to ensure the effective functioning and ongoing improvement of the industrial safety management system, including by promoting industrial safety culture;
- to assess industrial safety risks and to manage risks so as to prevent injuries, impairment of employees’ health, or damage to equipment and property;
- to take consistent and sustained actions to eliminate hazards and mitigate industrial safety risks;
- to ensure the implementation of industrial safety solutions, technologies and methods;
- to ensure that employees and their representatives are actively engaged in industrial safety activities and the creation of a healthy and safe working environment;
- to continuously enhance industrial safety competencies of employees;
- to provide the required institutional, financial, human and logistical resources to implement this Policy;
- to demand that suppliers and contractors operating in the interest of Gazprom neftekhim Salavat follow the requirements of industrial safety regulations and regulatory documents at the federal, regional and corporate levels.